Didn’t feel okay with the latest iOS 16 or it variant 16.0.1 and 16.0.2, learn how to downgrade and reverse to the previous iOS 15 without losing any of your Data.
In spite of the iOS 16.0.2 announcement and release after two week of iOS 16 launch date, are you still experiencing a setback? Fortunately you can revert back to your previous backed up iOS version before updating your software version.
Apple made an announcement following the release of iOS 16.0.2 that it offer a great function in fixing bugs influence on devices running the new software “iOS 16” and particularly iPhone 14 series which also deals with some other malfunctioning activity like unresponsive display touch after upgrading to the latest iOS, camera vibrating and shaking in third-party camera apps, repeated copy and paste popups error, and it also troubleshoot problem causing the display to appear black during setup.
How to Reverse from iOS 16 to iOS 15 without Losing your Data
Following this heads-up, reverting from iOS 16 to iOS 15 without losing files only made possible if you have your iPhone backup before upgrading your software to iOS 16 i.e if you performed an iPhone backup before updating to iOS 16.0 because backups from the recent version which is iOS 16 might not be able to restore after the downgrading process.
To start the reverse process, there are some stuffs you’ll have to get in place which include; Your iPhone, PC (Mac or Window) with Finder (Mac), iTunes (Windows) software installed, iOS 15 ipsw file and USB to Lightning cable which will be use in connecting your phone with PC.
- Firstly, Turn off Find my iPhone by accessing your Settings >> Apple ID >> Find My and switch it off.
- Get the compatible iOS 15 ipsw file for your iPhone ready on PC (check and Download below)
- Connect your iPhone with PC using the USB to Lightning cable and Trust on your device if you’re connecting for the first time and it prompts to.
- Force restart your iPhone to bring it into Recovery Mode, How to do that.
- Launch Finder software or iTunes in case of Window which will confirm your device Recovery Mode.
- Press alt (Option) key + click Restore iPhone on Mac. (Shift key + Restore iPhone on Windows)
- Then choose the newly downloaded iOS 15 ipsw file for your iPhone to be restored to the version.
- Only click on “Restore” not Restore and Update which will automatically download the latest iOS 16 software on your device.
Taking the above step, your iPhone reversion process will kick off which you’ll use the Restore from a backup option to bring back your previous backed up data without stress or worry of setting up a new iPhone.
iOS 15.7 IPSW Download Links
Here are list of devices you might be using. Locate and click the link that fits your iPhone model and accept the download on your PC;
- iPhone 13 Pro Max
- iPhone 13 Pro
- iPhone 13
- iPhone 13 mini
- iPhone 12 Pro Max
- iPhone 12 Pro
- iPhone 12
- iPhone 12 mini
- iPhone 11 Pro Max
- iPhone 11 Pro
- iPhone 11
- iPhone XS Max
- iPhone XS
- iPhone XR
- iPhone X
- iPhone 8 Plus
- iPhone 8