If you’re a Spectrum TV subscriber who also owns an Amazon Fire TV, you might be wondering how to program your Spectrum remote to work with your Amazon Fire TV.
Fortunately, the process is straightforward and doesn’t require any technical expertise.
To get started, you’ll need to find the remote code for your Amazon Fire TV. Spectrum provides a support page for their various remotes and how to program them, which should give you information on the right code to use for your Fire TV.
Fortunately, I’ve included the code later in this post. Once you have the code, you can program your Spectrum remote to control your Amazon Fire TV just like any other device.
With just a few easy steps, you can enjoy the convenience of controlling your Fire TV with your Spectrum remote. So why wait? Follow the steps outlined in this guide to learn how to program the remote to your Fire TV in minutes.
Does Spectrum Remote Work With Amazon Fire TV?
Yes, Spectrum remote is compatible with Amazon Fire TV, allowing you to control your Fire TV conveniently with the Spectrum remote.
So if you’re wondering about the compatibility of both devices, rest assured that they work seamlessly together.
However, before you can control your Amazon Fire TV using the Spectrum remote, you may need to program it first.
To program your Spectrum remote to work with your Amazon Fire TV, you’ll need to follow a few straightforward steps, which I’ll outline in detail later in this guide.
Once you’ve programmed your Spectrum remote to work with your Amazon Fire TV, you can use it to control your Fire TV just like you would with any other remote.
You can use it to navigate menus, play and pause videos, adjust the volume, and turn off & on your device.
It’s worth noting that while your Spectrum remote will work with your Amazon Fire TV, it may not work with all Fire TV models.
Some users have reported issues with certain Fire TV models, so it’s a good idea to try out every possible means to get your device work together.
How to Program Spectrum Remote to Amazon Fire TV
Programming your Spectrum remote to work with your Amazon Fire TV is a straightforward process, regardless of whether you have the Universal CLIKR-5 remote type, or the Spectrum guide remote.
The steps for programming them to work with your Fire TV are the same. Here’s a simple guide on how to do it:
Entering the Code Manually
To program your Spectrum remote for your Fire TV, follow these simple steps using a 3-digit remote code.
You can locate the specific code for your Fire TV either in the user manual that came with your Spectrum remote or by visiting the Spectrum website.
The supposed code for Amazon Fire TV is: 690
To enter the code manually, follow these steps:
- Turn on your Fire TV and insert new batteries into your Spectrum remote.
- Locate and press the TV button and OK button simultaneously. Keep holding till the TV button LED will turn on.
- This light will be on only for 30 seconds which you have to complete the process.
- Now point the remote to your Fire TV in close proximity and enter the 3 digit code (690).
- The TV should turn off. If not, enter the same number button repeatedly until it turns off.
- Once the TV turns off, press the TV button once again to save the code.
Note: If the remote exits the programming mode automatically and the LED turns off, then it does not have matching codes for your Fire TV. If you’re unable to find the matching code, then try using the code search method.
Using the Code Search Function
So if the provided remote code isn’t working for your Fire TV, you can use the code search function on your Spectrum remote. Here’s how:
- Turn on your Fire TV and your Spectrum remote.
- Press and hold the TV and the OK like button on your Spectrum remote until the TV button lights up.
- Press the CH+ button on your Spectrum remote.
- This will send a power off signal to your Fire TV with random codes.
- Keep pressing or simply hold while the TV button light will keep blinking.
- Keep pressing it until your Fire TV turns off.
- Once the TV turns off, press the power key again to turn it on lock in the code.
Note: When programming the Spectrum guide remote, remember to press and hold the Menu + OK buttons simultaneously until the Input button blinks twice.
Unlike the Universal CLIKR-5 remote, it doesn’t have the setup button and that of blue and yellow.
Testing Your Remote
After programming your Spectrum remote to your Amazon Fire TV, it’s essential to test if the remote is working correctly. Here are some steps to help you test your remote:
- Turn off and turn on your Amazon Fire TV.
- Press the “Home” button on your Spectrum remote to see if it takes you to the Fire TV home screen.
- Try navigating through the Fire TV menu using your Spectrum remote. Press the directional buttons and see if it moves the cursor on the screen.
- Test the volume and mute buttons to see if it controls the TV’s volume.
- If you have other devices connected to your TV, such as a soundbar or DVD player, make sure the Spectrum remote can control them as well.
If the remote is not working correctly, you may need to reprogram it or troubleshoot the issue. Check the batteries and make sure they are not low or dead. Also, make sure the remote is pointing towards the TV and not blocked by any objects.
If you’re still having issues, refer to the Spectrum support page or contact their customer service for assistance. They may suggest resetting the remote or trying different programming codes.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can any remote work on Fire TV?
No, not every remote will work with Fire TV. You need a remote that is compatible with Fire TV. If you have a Spectrum remote, you can program it to work with your Fire TV. Check the remote’s manufacturer website to see if it is compatible with Fire TV.
Can I set up Fire TV without a remote?
No, you cannot set up Fire TV without a remote. You need a remote to navigate the setup process. If you lost your remote, you can buy a new one from Amazon or use the Fire TV app on your phone as a temporary replacement.
Can I use my phone for a Fire TV remote?
Yes, you can use your phone as a remote for Fire TV. You need to download the Fire TV app from the app store on your phone. Once you have the app, you can use it to control your Fire TV.
How do I connect my phone remote to my Firestick without Wi-Fi?
You cannot connect your phone remote to your Firestick without WIFI. Both devices need to be connected to the same Wi-Fi network for the app to work.
How to connect a new remote to Fire Stick without the old one?
If you have lost your old remote, don’t worry, as you can still connect a new one to your Fire Stick. However, before doing so, you’ll need a temporary controller to navigate your device.
You can easily use the Fire TV app on your smartphone to navigate your device and add a new Fire TV remote. Here’s how you can do it:
- Go to the Settings menu on your Fire TV.
- Select “Controllers & Bluetooth Devices.”
- Then, choose “Amazon Fire TV Remotes.”
- Follow the on-screen instructions to pair your new remote.
Can you control Amazon Fire TV without a remote?
No, you cannot control Amazon Fire TV without a remote. You need a remote to navigate the Fire TV interface. If you lost your remote, you can use the Fire TV app on your phone as a temporary replacement.