Programming your DirecTV remote to your Insignia TV can be a bit of a challenge, especially if you’re new to the process. But don’t worry, I have got you covered. In this article, I’ll guide you through the steps to program your DirecTV remote RC73 to your Insignia TV.
To program your DirecTV remote RC73 to your Insignia TV, first, you need to put the remote in RF mode. Press and hold the Mute and Setup button at the same time until the green light on the remote flashes twice. Next, enter the “961”. The green light on the remote will flash twice again, indicating you’ve put the remote in RF mode.
What is the Directv Code for Insignia TV?
If you have an Insignia TV and a DirecTV remote, you may want to program the remote to control your TV. In order to do this, you’ll need to know the DirecTV code for your Insignia TV. The code is a 5-digit number that you enter into the remote to identify your TV.
There are several codes that you can try for your Insignia TV. The codes are based on the brand of the remote and the type of TV you have. Here are a few codes that you can try on your Insignia TV:
5-Digit Codes (RC7x) for RC71, RC72 and RC73
5-Digit Codes (RC6x) for RC64, RC65, RC66, RC32, RC24
12049 11756 12434 10885 11564 11423 11204 11517 10171 11710 10463 10706 12360 11780 12751 12002 12432 12184 12088 12417 11963 11892 11785 11641 11385 11326 10842
Remember, not all codes work for all TVs, so you may need to try several codes before you find the right one. Once you’ve found the right code, you’ll be able to use your DirecTV remote to control your Insignia TV.
How to Program Directv Remote RC73 to Insignia TV
Programming your Directv Remote RC73 to your Insignia TV is a simple process that you can complete in just a few minutes. Here’s how to do it:
- Turn on your Insignia TV and your Directv receiver.
- You’ll firstly need to put the remote in RF mode.
- Press the Mute and Setup button simultaneously on your Directv remote.
- Wait for the green light to come up and flashes twice before you release.
- Now press 961 then press the channel up, then Enter button.
- The green light on the remote will flashes for some time.
- Press the Menu mode to confirm if your Directv remote is now in RF mode.
- You’ll see a write “Your Remote is Now Setup For RF” in the bottom left side of the Menu screen.
After ensuring you’ve successfully put your Directv remote in RF mode, it’s now time to program the remote to control your Insignia TV just as turning it on, increasing or decreasing the volume etc. Now follow through the below outline procedures to get it done in a split second.
- Press the Menu button on Directv remote control.
- You’ll see the Settings option in the sidebar list.
- Navigate with the arrow button and select it.
- Hover through those options and select the remote control settings.
- Select program remote from the provided options.
- Click on the program TV button.
- The device will automatically scan your TV and recognize its information.
- You’ll then see a screen with options to save the current code or rescan for another.
- To determine if the current code works for you, press the volume button if it’ll control your TV volume option.
- If it works, go ahead and click on It Worked to lock in the code.
- And if its the other way around, just click Try Next Code to rescan.
- You may be provided with an option to enter your TV brand, enter Insignia TV and scan.
- After finding the working code, click on the It Worked button and finally click on Done on the following screen to save the settings.
If you are having trouble programming your Directv Remote RC73, try resetting the remote by pressing and holding the “Mute” and “Enter” buttons until the green light flashes three times. Then repeat the programming process.
That’s all there is to it! With just a few simple steps, you can program your Directv Remote RC73 to control your Insignia TV and other devices.
Troubleshooting Your Directv Remote RC73
If you’re having trouble with your Directv Remote RC73 not working with your Insignia TV, there are a few things you can try to troubleshoot the issue. Here are some common issues and solutions:
Remote Not Responding
If your Directv Remote RC73 isn’t responding, there are a few things you can try:
- Make sure the batteries are properly installed and have enough charge.
- Try resetting the remote by pressing and holding the MUTE and ENTER buttons simultaneously until the green light at the top of the remote flashes twice.
- If the remote still isn’t responding, try reprogramming it to your Insignia TV using the steps outlined in the programming section of the user manual.
Remote Not Controlling TV
If your Directv Remote RC73 is responding but not controlling your Insignia TV, here are some steps you can take:
- Make sure the remote is properly programmed to your Insignia TV using the steps outlined in the programming section of the user manual.
- Check that your Insignia TV is turned on and set to the correct input for your Directv receiver.
- If you’re still having trouble, try resetting your Insignia TV to factory settings and then reprogramming the remote.
By following these troubleshooting steps, you should be able to get your Directv Remote RC73 working with your Insignia TV again. If you’re still having trouble, refer to the user manual or contact Directv customer support for further assistance.
Congratulations! I believe you have successfully programmed your DirecTV Remote RC73 to your Insignia TV. Now you can enjoy your favorite shows and movies without any hassle.
Remember, if you face any issues during the programming process, you can always refer to the DirecTV website or seek assistance from their customer support team.
In case you have other remotes that you need to program, such as a Cox remote, you can follow similar steps to program the remote to your Insignia TV. Check out my guide on How to Program Cox Remote to Insignia TV for more information.