Did you find it disgusting waking up to see bunches of messages from unidentified WhatsApp group? Learn how to restrict people from adding you to WhatsApp Group.
There is a new WhatsApp feature to restrict anyone from adding you to WhatsApp group without your consent.
In this guidepost I’m sharing with you step by step guide on how to select who can add you to WhatsApp group automatically.
As WhatsApp grows on daily basis with over 2billion monthly active users, people make use of the free messaging App in various ways which include Business management and promotion, Online class and tutorials while some use as microblogging platform.
You may find yourself being added to unwanted group by one of your contact or anyone on WhatsApp; Let’s give a stop to that. Thinking of how to do that; RGguide get you covered.
How To Restrict People From Adding You To WhatsApp Group Without Permission
The WhatsApp privacy upgrade brings about the Group feature under the privacy section of WhatsApp settings which enable you to choose who can add you to WhatsApp group.
This particular feature can be tweak to some extent in your WhatsApp privacy settings, follow the below procedures to learn how to use WhatsApp Group feature.
- Launch your WhatsApp application.
- Click on the three vertical dot at the right corner of your screen.
- Select settings from the drop-down menu.
Locate and navigate to Account >> Privacy.
- Click Groups from the privacy setting options.
It will provide you with three options
- Everyone – With this option everyone can add you to WhatsApp group even if the person is not among your contacts.
- My contacts – With this option only your contacts can add you to WhatsApp group automatically.
- My contacts except – With this option you can select exception from your contacts i.e. people selected out of your contacts in this option won’t be able to add you to WhatsApp group instead the group admin will send you invitation link privately.
With these provided options you can now decide on what’s best for you to use. Click on the preferred one and press “DONE” button to save the changes. There are some other overwhelming privacy feature in the WhatsApp privacy section which are:
- Last seen – This particular feature make your last time online invisible to anyone you choose in the last seen settings which include (Everyone/My contacts/Nobody). Note that you won’t be able to see last seen of anyone you restrict yours from.
- Profile photo – With this can select who to share your profile photo with either with Everyone, only Your contacts or with Nobody.
- About – You can hide your About details from anyone you wish with this settings.
- Status – With this settings you can decide who you’d like to share your status update with in which you’re also provided with three options which are (My contacts, My contacts except and Only share with).
- Read receipts – The read receipt option enable you to be notified when your sent message was seen by the recipient which the (✔️✔️) changes color. With this option ON you will be able to send or receive read receipt but if it’s OFF you won’t be able to send or receive read receipt.
You can now have full control of your information with those privacy settings listed above, by just taking some time to activate it and see how it works.
Having issue with any steps mentioned earlier, drop your feedback using the comment box provided below and support us by sharing using any of the share icon.
Am i on whatsApp?