If you own a Firestick, you know how frustrating it can be when you try to download and open an app, only to see the “App not found” error message.
This issue is common among Firestick users and can be caused by a variety of factors, including network connectivity, app cache, and ad blockers.
Are you having trouble with your Firestick not finding certain apps? This can be a frustrating issue. Fortunately, there are several ways to fix this problem and get your Firestick running smoothly again.
To fix the “App not found” error on your Firestick, start by checking your network status to ensure your device is connected to the internet.
If your Firestick is connected to the internet but still won’t install apps, another solution is to disable any ad blockers you have enabled. This can sometimes interfere with app downloads.
How to Fix App Not Found on Firestick
Power Cycle Your Firestck
If you’re experiencing an “app not found” error on your Firestick, one of the first things you will want to try for fixing the issue power cycling the device. This simple process can often fix minor glitches and issues.
To power cycle your Firestick, follow these steps:
- Unplug the Firestick from the power source.
- Wait for 30 seconds.
- Plug the Firestick back into the power source.
- Wait for the device to restart.
- Once the Firestick has restarted, try to install the app that was previously giving you the “app not found” error. If the issue persists, you can try power cycling your TV and modem/router as well.
Power cycling your TV involves unplugging it from the power source and waiting for 30 seconds before plugging it back in. This can help refresh the connection between your Firestick and your TV.
Power cycling your modem/router involves unplugging it from the power source, waiting for 30 seconds, and then plugging it back in.
This can help refresh the internet connection and fix any connectivity issues that may be causing the “app not found” error.
In some cases, power cycling your devices may not fix the issue. If this is the case, you can try some of the other solutions recommended below.
Deregister and Re-Register Your Account
Amazon Fire TV uses Amazon user account to save your preferences on any activities performed on the firestick.
If the app not found error persist after restarting the devices, it’s recommended to deregistering and re-registering your Amazon account as that may also help resolve the problem. Here’s how to do it:
- Go to your Firestick home screen and select Settings.
- Choose My Account and then Amazon Account.
- Select Deregister to remove your account from the device.
- After deregistering, restart your Firestick by unplugging it from the power source and plugging it back in.
- Once the Firestick has restarted, go back to Settings and select My Account again.
- Choose Amazon Account and select Register to sign back in to your Amazon account.
It’s important to note that deregistering your device from your Amazon account will only log you out from the account. However, it will not remove any apps from your Fire TV Stick.
You will also be logged out from apps that are linked to your Amazon account such as Prime Video, Amazon Music, and any gaming apps.
Check Your Account Country Settings
If you’re seeing the “App not found” error on your Firestick, it may be because the app you’re trying to access is not available in your country. Amazon Prime Video has different content libraries for each country due to geographical licensing restrictions.
In case your Amazon account location settings have been switched to different location, changing your country settings back to normal can give you access to TV shows and movies not available in some other countries.
To check your account country settings, follow these steps:
- Sign in to your account on the Amazon website and visit Manage Your Content and Devices > Preferences > Country/Region Settings.
- Click on the Preferences tab > Country/Region Settings > Change.
- Choose the correct country name and save
Note that changing your country settings may affect your access to other Amazon services and products. If you’re using a VPN to access content from another country, you may need to turn off the VPN or change the server location to match your new country settings.
Turn off AD Blocker Option
Apparently, the app not found error you’re experiencing on your Firestick could be because you have an ad blocker enabled. Ad blockers can interfere with Firestick’s ability to download and open certain apps.
To turn off your ad blocker on your Firestick, follow these steps:
- Go to your Firestick’s home screen and select “Settings” from the top menu.
- Scroll down and select “Applications”.
- Select “Manage Installed Applications”.
- Find your ad blocker app and select it.
- Select “Force Stop” and then select “Clear Data”.
In case you don’t want to stop the Ad blocking function entirely by forcing it to stop, you can simply access the app and navigate to it function and turn it off. This will temporarily give you access to install any app until you turn it on again.
Setup a VPN
Another thing to take note of is geo-restrictions or content blocking. Since Amazon Firestivkmck can be subject to geo-restrictions or content blocking. Geo-restrictions are limitations imposed by content providers based on the geographical location of the user.
This means that certain content may be available in one country but not in another due to licensing restrictions. Content blocking can also occur due to government censorship or other restrictions.
To bypass these restrictions, you can simply use a Virtual Private Network (VPN) to change your location and access content that is not available in their region.
However, it is important to note that using a VPN to access geo-restricted content may be a violation of the terms of service of some content providers.
If you are still experiencing the “app not found” error message on your Firestick, it may be due to geo-restrictions or content blocking. A VPN can help you bypass these restrictions and access the content you want.
Setting up a VPN on your Firestick is a straightforward process. Here are the steps you need to follow:
1. First, you need to choose a VPN provider that is compatible with Firestick. Some popular VPNs that work well with Firestick include NordVPN, CyberGhost, and ExpressVPN.
2. Once you have chosen a VPN provider, you need to download and install the VPN app on your Firestick. You can do this by searching for the app in the Amazon Appstore or sideloading the app onto your Firestick.
3. After you have installed the VPN app, you need to launch it and sign in to your account. If you don’t have an account, you will need to create one.
4. Once you have signed in, you need to connect to a VPN server. Choose a server location that is closest to your physical location to ensure the best performance.
After you have connected to the VPN server, you can try installing the app that was previously giving you the “app not found” error message. The app should now work as expected, and you should be able to access all the content you want.
It is important to note that not all VPNs are created equal, and some may be more reliable than others. Additionally, using a VPN may slow down your internet connection, so you may need to experiment with different server locations to find the one that provides the best performance.
Update Your Fire TV Software
Not updating your Fire TV can cause harm in terms of security and performance. Updates often include bug fixes and security patches that help prevent vulnerabilities from being exploited by hackers.
There are chances that the “App not found” error on your Firestick is because of outdated software. Simple updating your Fire TV software can fix the issue in no time. Here’s how you can update your Fire TV software:
- Go to the home screen of your Firestick and select “Settings” from the top menu.
- Scroll right and select “My Fire TV.”
- Click on “About” and then select “Check for Updates.”
- If there is an update available, select “Install Update.”
Updating your Fire TV software can take some time, so it’s best to do it when you have a stable internet connection. Once the update is complete, your Firestick will restart, and you should be able to install any app if it’s previously affected by software glitch.
In case you face any issues during the update process, you can try restarting your Firestick and repeating the steps. If the issue still persists, you can contact Amazon customer service for further assistance.
Use Downloader as Alternative
Downloader is a third-party app that allows you to download files from the internet directly onto your Firestick. It also has a built-in browser that you can use to download files from websites.
If you are still facing the “App not found” error on your Firestick, you can try using the Downloader app as an alternative method to install apps on your device.
Here’s how you can use Downloader to install apps on your Firestick:
- Open the Downloader app on your Firestick.
- Enter the URL of the app you want to install in the address bar.
- Wait for the app to download onto your Firestick.
- Once the app is downloaded, click on “Install” to install the app on your device.
Using Downloader is a great alternative if you are unable to install apps from the Amazon Appstore or if you are facing the “App not found” error.
However, keep in mind that you should only download apps from trusted sources to avoid installing malware or other harmful software on your Firestick.
In addition, you will need to enable the “Apps from Unknown Sources” option in the Developer Options menu before you can use Downloader to install apps on your Firestick. To do this, go to Settings > My Fire TV > Developer Options and turn on “Apps from Unknown Sources”.
Congratulations! I believe you have successfully fixed the app not found error on your Firestick. Now, you can enjoy your favorite shows and movies without any interruption. However, before you go, I have one final tip for you.
If you are experiencing blurry video on Amazon Prime Video, don’t worry, I have got you covered. Check out my guide on how to fix blurry Amazon Prime Video on Fire TV. With these simple steps, you can enjoy crystal clear video quality on your Firestick.
Remember, if you face any other issues with your Firestick, always check your internet connection first.
A stable and strong internet connection is crucial for the smooth functioning of your Firestick. If you are still facing issues, try the solutions mentioned in this article.