Do you have too many apps cluttering up your Insignia TV? Maybe you downloaded an app that you no longer use, or perhaps you need to free up some storage space.
Whatever the reason may be, deleting apps on Insignia TV is a simple process that you can do in just a few steps.
In this article, I will show you how to delete apps on your Insignia TV.
Whether you have an Insignia Smart TV, Roku, or the Fire TV Edition, the process of deleting apps on these devices is a no-brainer.
So, if you want to learn how to uninstall apps on Insignia TV, keep on reading!
How to Delete Apps on Insignia TV
If you want to free up some space on your Insignia Fire TV, uninstalling apps you no longer use is a good place to start. Here’s how to successfully delete applications from your Insignia TV.
- From the home screen, navigate to the app you want to uninstall.
- Press the Options button on your remote. It looks like three horizontal lines (you can also long press the OK button)
- Select Uninstall and confirm your choice.
Alternatively, you can also uninstall apps from the Settings menu:
- Go to Settings on the home screen.
- Select Applications and then Manage Installed Applications.
- Scroll down to the app you want to uninstall and select it.
- Choose Uninstall and confirm your choice.
It’s important to note that some apps may be pre-installed and cannot be uninstalled.
However, you can still remove them from the home screen by pressing the Options button and selecting Remove from Home.
When you own an Insignia Roku TV and you want to delete apps, you can easily do so in just a few simple steps. Follow the below procedures to get it done.
- Navigate to the home screen by pressing the Home button on your remote.
- Scroll down to the app you want to delete.
- Press the * button on your remote to open the app options menu.
- Select Remove Channel from the options menu.
- Confirm that you want to delete the app by selecting Remove Channel again.
- Once you confirm the deletion, the app will be removed from your Insignia TV.
- You can repeat these steps to delete any other apps you no longer want on your TV.
It’s important to note that deleting an app will remove it from your TV’s home screen and free up space on your device.
However, it will not cancel any subscriptions you may have to that app.
If you want to cancel a subscription, you’ll need to do so through the app’s settings or through your account on the app’s website.
Tips and Tricks for App Management on Your TV
Managing apps on your Insignia TV can be a bit tricky, especially if you have a lot of them installed. Here are some tips and tricks to help you manage your apps more effectively:
1. Uninstall Unused Apps
If you have apps on your TV that you no longer use, it’s a good idea to uninstall them to free up space and improve performance.
To uninstall an app on your Insignia TV, go to the Settings >> Applications >> Manage Installed Applications. Scroll and select the app you wish to Uninstall. Then, from the options list, find and choose Uninstall.
For the Roku TV Edition, you can refer to steps mentioned in the previous section.
2. Clear Cache and Data
If you’re experiencing issues with an app on your Insignia TV, clearing its cache and data can often help. To do this, go to the application settings as before and choose the Clear Cache and Clear Data options.
3. Update Your Apps
It’s important to keep your apps up to date to ensure they’re working properly and to get access to new features and bug fixes.
To check for updates, go to the TV App Store and search the app name, if there’s an update available, you’ll see the update option in the app info page.
For the Insignia Roku TV, once your hover on the app you want to update in the home screen, press the * button on your remote, and then select Check for updates from the options list.
By following these tips and tricks, you can effectively manage your apps on your Insignia TV and ensure that it’s running smoothly.
In conclusion, deleting apps on your Insignia TV is a simple process that can greatly enhance your viewing experience. By removing unnecessary apps, you can free up space, reduce lag, and improve overall performance of your Insignia TV.