If you’re a proud owner of both a Sonos soundbar and an Amazon Firestick, you might be wondering if there’s a way to control your soundbar with the Firestick remote.
Luckily, the answer is yes, and it’s a lot easier than you might think. With just a few simple steps, you can set up your Firestick remote to control the volume on your Sonos soundbar.
Controlling your Sonos soundbar with your Firestick remote is a great way to simplify your entertainment setup. No longer will you need to juggle multiple remotes or try to remember which one controls which device.
Instead, you can use the Firestick remote to adjust the volume on your Sonos soundbar, making it easier to find the perfect volume level for your viewing experience.
In this article, I will walk you through the steps to set up your Firestick remote to control your Sonos soundbar, so you can start enjoying a more streamlined entertainment experience. So, grab your Firestick remote and let’s get started!
How to Control Sonos Soundbar With Firestick Remote
To control your Sonos soundbar with your Firestick remote, you need to enable HDMI CEC on your Firestick.
HDMI CEC is a feature that allows devices connected via HDMI to communicate with each other, enabling you to control multiple devices with a single remote.
Once you’ve enabled HDMI CEC on your Firestick, you can use your Firestick remote to control your Sonos soundbar.
This means you can adjust the volume, change tracks, and even turn your soundbar on and off using your Firestick remote.
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to do that:
- Go to the Settings menu on your Firestick.
- Select Display & Sounds.
- Scroll down to HDMI CEC Device Control.
- Turn on every option available.
Now to add your Sonos soundbar to the list of equipment the remote will be programmed to control, follow the below procedures.
- Go to the Settings menu on your Firestick.
- Scroll down to Equipment Control and click on it.
- Click on Manage Equipment.
- Select Add Equipment.
- Now select Media player and follow the on-screen instructions by selecting Soundbar and your Soundbar name.
So once you have completed these steps, your Firestick remote should be able to control the volume on your Sonos Soundbar.
Does Sonos Have Voice Control?
The answer is yes, Sonos soundbars do have voice control features, but it depends on which model you have.
The Sonos Beam and Sonos Arc both have built-in voice control capabilities. They come with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant, which means you can use your voice to control your Sonos soundbar.
You can ask Alexa or Google Assistant to play music, turn up the volume, skip tracks, and more.
To use voice control with your Sonos soundbar, you’ll need to set it up through the Sonos app. Once you’ve done that, you can use your voice to control your soundbar and other Sonos devices in your home.
If you have an older Sonos soundbar model that doesn’t have built-in voice control, you can still use a voice assistant like Alexa or Google Assistant to control it.
You’ll just need to connect your soundbar to a device like an Amazon Echo or Google Home, and then use your voice to control your soundbar through that device.
Can I Connect Alexa to My Sonos Soundbar?
Yes, you can connect Alexa to your Sonos soundbar. This will allow you to control your Sonos soundbar using voice commands.
To do this, you will need to set up an Amazon Alexa device to control your Sonos system.
First, enable the Sonos skill in the Alexa app. Open the Sonos app for iOS or Android. From the Settings tab, tap Services & Voice >> Add a Service >> Amazon Alexa >> Add Amazon Alexa.
After being redirected to the Alexa app, tap Enable to use to sign in to your Sonos account and enable the Sonos skill.
Once you have enabled the Sonos skill in the Alexa app, you can start using voice commands to control your Sonos soundbar.
For example, you can say “Alexa, play music on my Sonos soundbar” or “Alexa, turn up the volume on my Sonos soundbar.”
It is important to note that not all Sonos soundbars have built-in microphones for Alexa.
If your Sonos soundbar does not have a built-in microphone, you will need to connect an Amazon Echo device to your Sonos system to use Alexa voice commands.
Maintaining Your Devices
To ensure that your Sonos soundbar and Firestick remote continue to work properly, it’s important to maintain and care for them. Here are a few tips to help you keep your devices in good condition:
- Keep them clean: Dust and debris can accumulate on your devices, which can affect their performance. Use a soft, dry cloth to wipe down your Sonos soundbar and Firestick remote regularly. Avoid using water or cleaning solutions, as these can damage the devices.
- Replace batteries: If your Firestick remote stops working or becomes unresponsive, it may be time to replace the batteries. Use high-quality batteries to ensure that your remote continues to work properly.
- Update firmware: Sonos regularly releases firmware updates to improve the performance of their products. Check for updates regularly and install them as soon as they become available.
- Protect from power surges: Power surges can damage your devices and cause them to malfunction. Use a surge protector to protect your Sonos soundbar and Firestick remote from power surges.
- Store properly: When not in use, store your Sonos soundbar and Firestick remote in a dry, cool place. Avoid exposing them to extreme temperatures or moisture, as this can damage the devices.
By following these simple tips, you can help ensure that your Sonos soundbar and Firestick remote continue to work properly and provide you with the best possible listening experience.
In a final thought, controlling your Sonos Soundbar with a Firestick remote can greatly enhance your home entertainment experience, providing you with a seamless and convenient way to manage your audio and video devices.
By following the few simple steps mentioned in this post, you can integrate these two devices effortlessly, allowing you to control the Soundbar’s volume and playback directly from the Firestick remote.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Amazon Fire Stick compatible with Sonos?
Yes, Amazon Fire Stick is compatible with Sonos. You can control the volume of your Sonos soundbar using your Fire Stick remote. However, you need to make sure that your Sonos soundbar is connected to your TV properly.