Here is complete guidepost on how to ban people from adding you to telegram groups and channel without your permission. Waking up in morning to find unknown Group and Channel messages pumping into your phone seems abnormal which has to be control. Read on to learn about twerking your Telegram account privacy settings up-to your taste.
Choosing Telegram platform or other unofficial messaging Apps using Telegram API as your favorite chatting platform isn’t a taboo as the free messaging App ranked as one of the top 10 most downloaded application around the world and offer some exhilarating features to users like free and unlimited automatic chat back up and restoration which involves receive media’s.
You may find your Telegram account home page messy after some people have interfered with your privacy by adding you to unknown Groups or Channel without your permission. This act can be done either by one of your contacts or a stranger by just adding your contact to his/her contact list.
There is no need to be anxious about that because in this guidepost you’re going to learn how to restrict anyone from adding you to Telegram Group and Channel and other necessary privacy settings you need to know.
What’s Telegram Group And Channel Privacy Settings
The Group and Channel setting in Telegram account privacy and security section is an inbuilt security interface which serves as center of interconnection of your Telegram account with Telegram Groups and Channels created by other Telegram Users.
This particular feature enable user to twerk and control his/her account Groups and Channel settings i.e. You can select or restrict who can add you to Groups and Channels by picking out of the provided options which include Everybody/My Contacts both with exception to (Never Allow) that can override the option you pick. Thinking about the meaning of all those options mentioned earlier, RGguide got you covered.
- Everybody – By selecting “Everybody” from the listed options which is also the default setting of Group and Channel privacy settings. This means that everybody on Telegram can automatically add you any Telegram Group or Channel either they are the Admin or they’ve been granted permission to add new member by the Admin.
- My Contacts – The “My Contacts” option serve the purpose of enabling your saved contacts to add you to any Telegram Group or Channel automatically without your permission i.e. only people you have their Telegram contact on your contact list can have the access of adding you automatically which can also be overridden with the exception below.
- Never Allow – The “Never Allow” option enable you to select some sets of contacts out of your contact list which will be blacklisted from the permission you give to all your contacts or everybody by selecting My Contacts/Everybody in the first place.
How To Ban People From Adding You To Telegram Groups And Channel
Follow the below outline steps to locate and access Group and Channel privacy settings on Telegram App which include Telegram X, BGram and other unofficial messaging App which implement Telegram API.
- Launch your Telegram App.
- Click the three horizontal line on the left side of your screen.
- Click “Settings” and tap “Privacy and Security”.
- Stroll down the list to locate Group and Channel.
- Select your preferred settings from the provided options which are Everybody, My Contacts and Never Allow.
With the above steps you can get to restrict everyone and select only your trusted contact to grant the pass of adding you to Group or Channel automatically.
There are some other privacy and security settings in which you might like to activate, read on to learn about them.
- Active Sessions – The Active Session option contain all the list of previous device you’ve sign in and the active one you’re using that also indicate the device name, IP address, date and time of the login. With this you can decide to terminate all other session with the provided button in “Active Session” settings.
- Passcode Lock – This a feature that allow you to add additional security to your Telegram App which appear on chat page. There are various passcode lock options that involves pin, password, pattern, gesture, fingerprint. From the setting you can activate passcode visibility and set auto-lock time.
- Two-Step Verification – Setting two-step verification to your Telegram account create additional security barrier when signing in to your account by requesting the password you set in two-step authentication with the code you receive in your SMS.
- Last Seen & Online – This settings enable you to decide who can see your last time seen online and your active session when you’re online. You’re provided with three options which are Everybody, My Contacts, Nobody and exception to (Never Share With) to select set of contacts you didn’t want to share this information with.
- Profile Photo – The profile photo settings allow you to select and restrict who can see your account profile photo with provided three options i.e. Everybody which is the default, My Contacts and Nobody to restrict everyone from seeing your profile photo.
- Phone Number – With this option, list of people that your phone number is visible to can be control by restricting everyone, allowing everyone or selecting some particular contact from your contact list using the provided options from the settings: Everybody, My Contacts and Nobody.
Those are the main and effective privacy and security settings you can twerk on the go to secure your information, you can access your account settings to learn more as you’ve already known about restricting everyone from adding you Telegram Group and Channel.
Finding this blog post informative and useful kindly support by sharing using provided share icon and drop your feedback in the comment section below.